Welcome to the Ludlow Twinning Association Website
Ludlow is one of England’s most historic towns. It is famous today for its architecture, gastronomy and many cultural events.
Ludlow French Twinning Association was the town’s first twinning group, formed in 1986.
If you are not already a member you can also apply to join us on-line and enjoy the delightful experiences Ludlow-La Ferté-Macé twinning activities have to offer.
We encourage year-round social activities as well as the annual reciprocal twinning visit, when the towns take turns to visit one another, usually in May.
There is an active Committee elected from our membership, run as informally as possible, and members are encouraged to participate. Ludlow Town Council supports our aims through a Twinning Agreement with La Ferté-Macé.
Our main purposes are expressed in the Agreement as:
1. To develop opportunities to foster relationships between the people of Ludlow and La Ferté-Macé.
between young people especially;
between educational and training establishments;
between cultural and sporting associations;
2. To encourage exchanges between young people within an education and training framework [business, crafts, agriculture, public services, tourism and cultural activities]
3. To encourage new families with children to join in, thanks to exchanges between school groups and others.
4. To develop and establish cultural exchanges in order to share common interests, the heritage of the two towns and their history.
5. To develop economic initiatives [business, agriculture, crafts], from individuals or with the help of their professional organisations.